The Berrien County Chamber of Commerce and Development Authority is taking applications for Executive Director to perform duties as the overall leader/manager.
Responsibilities for the Executive Director include, but not limited to:
- Provides overall leadership and management of this agency.
- Serves as the chief spokesperson for the Berrien County Chamber of Commerce and Berrien County Development Authority.
- Initiates, develops and maintains programs to encourage business and industry to locate and retain their location in Berrien County.
- Assists in evaluating prospective grant-eligible projects, completing grant applications, and providing management and oversight to grants for the Chamber and Development Authority.
- Responsible for preparing meeting agendas, maintaining Board records, carrying out plans and programs of the Chamber of Commerce Board and the Development Authority Board.
- Plans, raises funds and executes community wide events.
- Develops and manages the Chamber and Development Authority budget and maintains responsibility for all expenditures.
- Communicates with Chamber membership, existing business and industry, and community stakeholders through on-site visits, publications, social media and emails.
- Prepares press releases, as well as, respond to all media inquiries.
- Develops and maintains marketing materials and strategy for both activities.
- Manages properties owned by the Berrien County Development Authority including managing the development of the Berrien County Business Park.
- Assists the County Manager with the management of the Berrien County Airport and serves as staff support for the Berrien County Airport Authority.
Key Qualifications and Skills Desired:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- College Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline
- Experience in Chamber of Commerce and/or Economic Development activities preferred (Comparable Military experience will be seriously considered)
- Working knowledge of Berrien County, and/or rural Georgia preferred
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; proficiency in word processing
- Strong organizational, time management and priority placement skills
- A self-starter, detail orientated, reliable and maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and be a team player
- Ability to produce a large quantity of work at high quality
- Strong people and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours to include some evenings and weekend work
- Out-of-County Travel required; Valid driver’s license and ownership of vehicle with insurance preferred
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally; physical activity required
- Ability to pass background check, credit check and drug test
Residency: Eventual residency in Berrien County preferred
References: Three Letters of Reference/Recommendation required with Application Letter
Benefits: Medical/Dental insurance, Retirement and personal/sick leave, some Relocation Assistance
Applicant Deliverable: Application Letter, resume and 3 Letters of Reference/Recommendation.
Deadline for Application Letter: Until position is filled
Application Letter with attachments should be submitted to:
— the Berrien County Chamber of Commerce and Development Authority, Room 133, 201 N. Davis St., Nashville, GA 31639
–or by e-mail: email@example.com
Contact: Linda Shaw, Administrator, Berrien County Chamber of Commerce and Development Authority
BERRIEN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – DRUG FREE WORKPLACE